Friday 3 June 2011

The simple things in life.


I haven’t been on here for a little while, to be honest, as soon as I’ve finished work I’ve curled up on the couch with some roast veggies and snuggled in for the night. Yesterday was the first time I have been shopping in a while. I bought some new knits and am in love with them. I like chunky light coloured knits, they look soft and clean. I like to snuggle up in them. They’re nearly as good as a long warm hug. I also spoilt myself and bought the Chloè perfume that I have wanted for a while now. Oh it’s so beautiful. A soft rose scent that sweetly lingers to leave me feeling perfectly feminine. I am glad I have a new beautiful scent to get me through the cold days of winter. 

Yes, winter is officially here. I like the ease of winter. You aren’t expected to do too much. You can lay at home by the heater with a glass of red wine and no one would mind. The cold weather means I can relax. I can read my book all day long on my bed while the sun tries to break through. I can cook big hearty meals and prance around in my tights and a big woolly knit while listening to romantic music. I like to have beautifully scented candles burning through the house. I like to sit at the window and just watch the clouds slowly pass by. I like to daydream about places I’ve been and places I yearn to go. It’s so simple. No pressure, no fuss, no nothing! Today, the air is cold but the sun is touching down, making the afternoon feel like it should last forever. I am inside, looking out, with a strong feeling of nostalgia. It’s days like today that I miss living in St.Kilda with my best friend. Though it were a few years ago, I still miss the lazy no nonsense days we use to spend together. trying to keep warm in our tiny little apartment. drinking cups of tea and eating chocolate. wearing each others clothes without asking. having silly conversations that no one else would ever understand. being in the same room for hours without saying a word but feeling more relaxed and comfortable than ever before. two best friends living a life together……… SIMPLE

My weekend. Beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. it's nice to see someone who appreciates winter :-) i do too! and that tarte looks YUMMMM!

    hope you had a nice weekend girl!

    ReplyDelete