Friday 10 June 2011

Do you believe in destiny?

Ok, so the other night I was having a little read on my favourite blogging site Capture The Castle, and the lovely Hannah-Rose had put up some recent pictures of her winter goodies that she loved. I saw she had a beautiful cashmere scarf by Benah and decided that I too must have this scarf. Off I went tap tap tapping away at my iphone to quickly purchase said scarf so I'd have it in time for the weekend. Tonight when I got home and saw my package I was super excited to rip it open and begin what would no doubt be a new love affair. I can say I was a little bit worried when I opened the package and saw I had purchased a "SNOOD".  Big woops. I had wanted a scarf, not a snood. Yes, it clearly stated on the website that I was buying a "snood". Did I read this? No, of course not. I just saw the picture and typed in my credit card details feeling very proud that I would soon be the owner of a little piece of heaven. 

At first I was disappointed and feeling a tiny bit of buyers guilt. I didn't want a snood, and anyway, how the hell do you wear one? I will admit I even did a google search reading "HOW TO WEAR A SNOOD". Maybe Benah could have included a letter with my purchase saying "Dear airhead, you have just purchased a snood, even though you wanted a scarf. Below are a few simple steps on how to wear a snood. May we suggest that next time you carefully read what you are buying". Yes, it's true, I am and will always be a little bit silly. After playing with my snood for several minutes and trying to figure what exactly I am to do with it, I finally "got it". I am pretty sure that once I figured out the mechanics of the snood I must have had a similar look of astonishment to that of a caveman first seeing fire. It was one of those "UHUH" moments that Oprah always talks about.  I've decided that this snood of mine is like this magic scarf that sits perfectly around your neck and drapes so effortlessly. I love it. No, it's not what I wanted but its cashmere, its beautiful and I will give it the love and attention it deserves. Thank you Benah.


Note: Also included in my package was the Pale Ryder booklet showcasing the new collection from Benah. The booklets central theme was of fate and destiny, which in all honesty made me chuckle a little given the circumstances. The booklet has a collaboration of works and contributors (including a letter to a future self written by Hannah-Rose). The introduction to the collection was moving and unexpected. I have to share some of it because for me it was inspiring. 

"Some days it feels like the world is passing you by, and others it's dragging one second at a time. The ideas and feelings that surround destiny are mixed and varied. As we live out lives our perception of fate, of our own and that of the people surround us, can change many times. Are we just hurtling through space or are we on a preprogrammed course? I would like to think that we have a beginning and an end but how we get there is entirely up to our own intuition. People come and go, relationships take unexpected courses and some days feels like everything is out of control. But somehow, deep down, you know that everything will be ok / Everyone's perception of destiny is different, just as everyone's path is unique
/ So whether you belive in destiny or not, we can all learn something about living in the present. If you don't know where you are headed or what you want right now, it's probably just time to begin enjoying what you have".





1 comment:

  1. oh!!! first of all - the snood is fantastic and it looks amazing on you. do not fret! you rock it! second of all - cashmere is wonderful and you will never take that snood off. EVER. and i mean EVER. i wear mine all the damn time - i want a blanket made of that shit. and third of all - this post made me smile. a lot! I'm so glad you like the letter and the snood and everything and oh. you're just lovely!

    ps will we cross over in paris? When do you get there?

    X

    ReplyDelete