Thursday 19 May 2011

What to wear

I have the day off work today, so i was very fortunate to have a little sleep in. I didn't have to rush, I was able to just take my time. Since I had some spare time up my sleeves I played around with my wardrobe and causally chose what to wear. Below are just a few of the outfits I put together.

 Vintage shoes, Second Hand knitted top, Scarf from Indonesia, Decjuba Sunglasses, Vintage Bag. I forgot to put my jeans in this picture. It'd be a worry if I left the house with just a top on!

Vintage Shoes, Barkins Dress, Valley Girl cardigan, Decjuba sunglasses, Vintage bag. I have to admit that some of my very very cheap items are my favourite. 

Sportsgirl Bag, Shirt is from kmart I think, Witchery Jeans, Vintage shoes, Decjuba sunglasses, Tiffany bracelet.

I ended up wearing this last outfit with my black jacket. I really love the look of a shirt tucked into jeans. It looks so crisp and professional, but it also has that casual/chic look. I think that is going to be the path that I will start to go towards. I use to really love (and of course I am still very fond) of the hobo look, but I'm finding that I am not sticking to one specific way of dressing. I don't think I have a style. Some days I want to dress up pretty, some days I feel disgusting and jeans and a big baggy jumper with suffice and other the days I want to stand out. My favourite look at the moment is crisp, polished and natural. When people see me I want to give the impression of sophistication. I wonder if I want people to see me as sophisticated because it is a quality I yearn for? Am I trying to make the mistake of mutton dressing up as lamb? Though I LOVE and ADORE being sloppy in my hobo wear, I am sure the impression I am sending out is that of "A SLOB". As I am going through a change in my life at the moment I feel it is necessary to begin to improve on all aspects of my life. If that means I HAVE to improve my sense of self and embark on finding a specific style, then so be it. I guess that means I will have to start to shopping again? Oh Damn........ :)

Happy Weekend x


8 comments:

  1. Love all of these looks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how you created these outfit layouts...great idea! The looks are all cute, and I love your perforated vintage shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the photos! :D:D great post!
    xx
    fashionbit

    ReplyDelete
  4. that dress is so gorgeous. love these photos!

    http://nothingbutapackofcards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. such absolutely fab pieces! great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. all your flat lays are so amaze!! you have fab clothes! :)

    xx
    http://www.iletaitunefois.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  7. The last is my fave!!! Classic buttondowns are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for visiting my blog! I love these combos of outfit, esp the first and the second ones. I love tucking in my shirt too :-P

    ReplyDelete