Saturday 16 April 2011

Vanity Kills.......and leaves you broke.

Is it just me or do you find that a lot of your beauty products will run out all at the exact same time? I find this frustrating. I'll run out of shampoo, conditioner, face wash, body wash, hair spray, foundation, blush, mascara etc all at the same time. I explained my dilemma to a male friend and his response was something along the lines of "Isn't it a good thing? Then you can just buy everything at once". Let me just add that this said friend told me that he normally just uses soap to wash his hair and will only occasionally use shampoo. Would it be wrong of me to think that maybe he has no clue what he's talking about? If only he knew how expensive a trip to the shops were to re stock a beauty cupboard. It may seem convenient to buy everything all at once, but it sure as hell isn't convenient for my bank balance. Poor little bank balance, I'm sorry.

I know to a guy it seems only logical for him to buy all his toiletries at once (And YES, I may be generalising here) but I can't imagine a guys shopping receipt is going to shock him when he leaves the store. I mean how much could a bar of soap (aka shampoo) really cost? Now of course I do know that there are a lot of males out there who do invest in quality beauty products (hallelujah. This little rant is not referring to you). I'm just saying that most of the guys I know do not spend a lot of money on "vanity" products and therefore fail to understand why a trip to the shops to buy a "few" necessary beauty items can turn into a day of dread. With so many "same same but different" products on the shelf I find myself testing and testing so I get the right one. When I finally leave, the inside of my arm looks like its been finger painted by a small child and I'm sure I can hear my purse screaming out "STOP. You'll go home now if you know what's good for you".

I know what would be good for me.....an endless supply of all my favourite beauty products. That would be some kind of heaven. It'd also be nice if guys could understand the stress that comes with making beauty decisions. I think there needs to be a happy medium though. My last ex boyfriend spent more time looking (or shall I say pouting) in the mirror than I did. I think i'll take a guy who uses soap to wash his hair any day over a guy who looks like Fabio. 



Kerastase
This brand is a little more expensive, than some others, but trust me it's amazing. I get my hair coloured every 8 weeks or so. I need a good shampoo and conditioner. The beauty is you only need a tiny amount so it's actually worth the money. 

Palmers Body Oil
This product is amazing. Use this instead of a body moisturiser, it leaves your skin feeling like silk.

Nude by Nature
I actually haven't ever used this product before but I've heard some good things about it. 

Napolean Primer
Again, another new product. I've never used this before.

MaxFactor Foundation
I love this foundation. It's pretty cheap but it's beautiful. I've had lots of compliments from this foundation so I keep buying it.

Lucas Pawpaw
An old favourite. I think Pawpaw cream can fix anything.

L'OREAL Collagene Mascara
I have naturally long lashes (lucky me) so this mascara makes my eyes look amazing. A lot of people think I'm wearing falsies. I'll definitely keep buying this because it only costs $22.00 and I love it.

John Frieda Frizz Ease
Again this is another old favourite. It doesn't leave my hair feeling gross or like there is too much product in it, and you only need a smidge.


"Beneath the makeup and behind the smile I'm just a girl who wishes for the world"Marilyn Monroe 



2 comments:

  1. Isnt it so true, it happens to me too. Very funny (and expensive eeek). Thank you for your lovely comment. Also love this Marilyn quote. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I understand what you are talking about because I always have the same problem...

    ReplyDelete