Wednesday 13 April 2011

Oh FRUMP


It was miserable outside today. It was dark, cold, raining and just yuck. The day was a little bit like me (ok, so I wasn't raining, but you get the point). I was cold and looked a mess. I've always imagined what it would be like to be one of those girls who effortlessly gets out of bed in the morning looking like they've just finished shooting a commercial for L'oreal.

I have days where when I wake up and look in the mirror I can immediately tell if it is going to be a good or bad face/hair/outfit day. If my face looks a little red or dry and my hair has a kink in it because I've slept on it funny you can bet your life it'll be a BAD face/hair/outfit day. The saying all bad things come in threes is true......it's true I tell you (insert evil laugh here).

Now the reason I won't just have a bad face day with an OK hair day and an amazing outfit day is because I personally find that once I drop one ball, they all come 'a' crashing down....HARD. If I am having a bad face day I tend to try and spend more time in the morning focusing on my face. A little more concealer here and touch more blush there. So much attention to my face then leaves me with less time to tame my kinked hair, which then leaves me less time deciding on an outfit. A solution I hear you say "Just plan your outfit the night before"...I've tried that, it didn't work. 

This might sound strange but when I'm having a bad face/hair day I don't feel motivated to go through my wardrobe and play around with an outfit, every outfit I try on no matter what just doesn't look "right". I want to dress how I feel, and with a shabby looking hair do for the day and a blotchy face all I want to do is throw on my jeans with a baggy tee and accept that the day is going to be a frumpy one. I might even throw on a hat to cover my kinked hair and hope that my "incognito" outfit will get me through the day.

P.S: On frumpy days I feel the urge to eat badly. I feel I already look pretty terrible so I find it delightful to eat badly in true form of a "FRUMP". Tonight I will be having wedges for dinner. 

P.P.S: I found some "left over " chocolate crumbs (an afternoon treat to cheer my frumpy side up) smooshed into my jeans..... True frump style.


I'll never be the woman with the perfect hair, who 

can wear white and not spill on it"- Carrie Bradshaw

4 comments:

  1. how much do I understand/live this! frumpy days are the worst - I don't want to wear anything attention seeking or grabbing, just straight, boring, run of the mill clothes. not "outfits" just clothes. i've been having these days more and more lately. "wardrobe crises" i call them. they just stress me out until I end up running out in something stupid and i feel uncomfortable. I wish I could overcome this and just accept my slightly haphazard, raw at the seams self!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this episode! :)

    xx

    fashionbit

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha i just watched this episode of SATC. and i think every girl experiences these days. simply, they suck.

    cute blog by the way!

    -Steevy
    http://donteatread.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete